Fall is one of my favorite seasons here in Michigan. The air is crisp, and vegetables are becoming abundant at the Farmers Market. This salad while using simple ingredients, has a big flavor because we are taking kale and giving it an interesting flavor by using the grill.
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1?4 cup shallot confit, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1?4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 1?2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 bunches kale
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Heat grill to medium high
- For the dressing:
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, shallots, olive oil, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and allow to stand.
- Toss kale with olive oil, salt, pepper and water. Grill kale over high heat until charred, then move to cool part of the
- grill and allow leaves to wilt for 2 minutes. Place kale on platter, garnish with toasted hazelnuts, and dressing.
Subscribe to the dietitians and the chef
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at the dietitians and the chef. Subscribe below.